Monday 10 September 2018

Proud Moment !


I received a call from my school on 5th Jan'18.
HM: Hi Sreeja! This is your biology teacher (current school head mistress) ..how are you?
Me: (surprised and stunned). Vanakkam mam..I'm doing great. What a surprise mam!
HM : We are looking for an inspirational speaker for the republic day..suddenly we all teachers got reminded of you. All the teachers suggested your name. You'll be the perfect person to address our students. Can you make yourself available on 26th Jan?
Me: I'm extremely honoured by this invitation mam..will surely come to school to deliver a speech mam.
HM: This is just an informal call my dear. I'm calling you personally. Will get back to you soon officially dear.
And more greetings and wishes were shared and the line was cut.
A week later, I received another call from my school. My teachers called and confirmed my availability in home and they came to my home with an invitation. I thought that they've come to my home for formality.
But to my surprise …this is how the invitation looked.
They have come all the way to my home to invite me as the Chief Guest, to hoist our national flag and to deliver a speech to the students on republic day.
It’s been a dream for many of us to achieve something great in life and go back to the institutions where we studied, as chief guests. And that dream came true in my case! How blessed am I!
Each and every teacher hugged me when I went back to My school after 8 years:) they remembered me very well. It was a great honour to be seated among the dignitaries on the stage.
I hoisted the national flag for the first time in my life. That was a very proud moment.
The parade started. Our students marched with pride and saluted me. I had the honour to be a part of that day:)
There, I stood on that stage after 8 years and delivered my speech! Addressed 3500 students and 200 teachers :)
That was the best day ever in my life! From a student to chief guest. What a transformation! Life has molded me well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Asamuyta Hasta Shloka - Single Handed Gestures

Hastas or Hasta Mudras are an integral part of Bharatanatyam, where stories are brought to life through hand gestures combined with facial e...